… short for Erietta. My work creates a shared understanding of customer needs and problems to help teams collaborate and develop better products and services. I have managed programs, led teams, and been hands-on in service design, product development, UX, digital design, customer research, and design thinking projects across industries including retail, telecommunications, finance, and not-for-profit.
Thanks for spending some time here.
Head of User Experience
Dec 2020 – Present
THE ICONIC is Australia’s largest fashion and lifestyle e-commerce retailer.
Uniting NSW & ACT
Head of Customer Experience
Jun 2018 – Jun 2020
Uniting is the not-for-profit services arm of Uniting Church delivering 550 services to ~48k people across aged-care, retirement living, disability and community services.
Design manager and lead across research, innovation, and product development projects
Jan 2014 – Jun 2018
Projects highlights included the development of the hybrid modem, NBN+ Digital Transformation, and field research for network usage, and safety and security
Senior Customer Experience Consultant
Mar 2012 – Dec 2013
Clients included Expedia, Toyota, ING Direct, NBN Co, Bauer Media, and Commonwealth Bank.
Experience Architect (Customer experience research and strategy)
Nov 2009 – Feb 2012
Clients included Foxtel, Network 10, Westpac Group, St George, and Rabo Bank.
Daemon Internet Consultants
Producer (UX design and production)
Aug 2006 – Oct 2009
Clients included BlueScope Steel, The Australian Olympic Committee, The Tax Institute of Australia, Australian Museum, UNSW, Salvage Sale (USA), Mayo Clinic (USA).
Graphic and web designer
Oct 2003 – Aug 2006
Clients included Labor Council of New South Wales and Recollections Homewares.
Design talks & panels
- Turning design research deliverables into living documents, Service Design Team, Transport for NSW (NSW Government), April 2022
- Turning design research deliverables into living documents, CarSales Research and Service Design Team, March 2022
- Turning design research deliverables into living documents, Design Research UX Australia, March 2022
- Design Maturity. What is it? Do you have it? Panelist, Brightbox Consulting webinar, 12 August 2021
- Introducing the Kano Model with Eric Scheid, Telstra Group Research and Strategic Insights Team, 10 November 2020
- UX Careers Panel, UTS Advanced IXD course, October 2018
- Careers in UX Panel, UTS IXD course, May 2017
- Prototyping and evaluating UX as part of the design process, UTS IXD course, May 2017
- Making design work in a traditional business, Customer Experience Company, March 2017
- Service Designing a transformation, ABC, December 2016
- Service Designing a Transformation, CBA October 2016
- AFR Boss MBA Emerging Leaders, Innovating with a Customer-Centric Focus, panelist, 31 August 2016
- Sydney University, Design Thinking elective, guest speaker, May 2016
- Aquent Put it to the Panel: UX, the customer journey & beyond, May 2016
- Co-organiser of bi-monthly Sydney Jobs-to-be-done meet-up, 2015
- Scrutinising the audience experience of Election Leaflets, Open Australia Foundation, March 2016
- Efficiency: The second essential of a customer-centric business, UX Mag, August 2011
Any views expressed here are mine and in no way, unless specified reflect the views or opinions of my employer.
All content and original images on this blog are available under a Creative Commons attribution licence. If anything here inspires you enough for you to use it please kindly reference the source with a link back, and let me know in the page comments or send me a note on Twitter or LinkedIn.