… short for Erietta.
I’m a design leader from Sydney, Australia.
I help organisations deliver new and improved products and services.
My experience across research, strategy, design, and delivery has given me the ability to readily join the dots when leading teams.
I bring a customer-centered mindset to what I do and how I lead. This provides teams with a shared understanding of people’s needs to solve obvious and less obvious problems together.
I call it the customer brief.
Head of User Experience
Design leadership, UX/Product strategy, Design ops, Design system
THE ICONIC is Australia’s largest fashion and lifestyle e-commerce retailer.
Uniting NSW & ACT
Head of Customer Experience
UX advisory, Customer research and strategy, Service design
Uniting is the not-for-profit services arm of Uniting Church delivering 550 services to ~48k people across aged-care, retirement living, disability, and community services.
Design manager and lead
Design leadership, people management, research, innovation, product strategy, product development
Projects included: Hybrid modem redesign, Telstra Digital Transformation, product discovery for fixed bundles, network strategy, and safety and security strategy.
Senior Customer Experience Consultant
CX research, strategy, UX and service design
Clients included Expedia, Toyota, ING Direct, NBN Co, Bauer Media, and Commonwealth Bank.
Senior Experience Architect
CX research, strategy, and service design
Clients included Foxtel, Network 10, Westpac Group, St George, and Rabo Bank.
Daemon Internet Consultants
Business requirements, delivery management, UX design & IA, quality assurance
Clients included BlueScope Steel, The Australian Olympic Committee, The Tax Institute of Australia, the Australian Museum, UNSW, Salvage Sale (USA), Mayo Clinic (USA).
Talks & panels
- Why tech isn’t just a career for techies, Mentor Walks THE ICONIC Conversation Series Panelist, March 2022
- Turning design research deliverables into living documents, Design Research UX Australia, March 2022 and CarSales Research and Service Design Team, March 2022; Service Design Team, Transport for NSW (NSW Government), April 2022
- Design Maturity. What is it? Do you have it? Panelist, Brightbox Consulting webinar, 12 August 2021
- Introducing the Kano Model with Eric Scheid, Telstra Group Research and Strategic Insights Team, 10 November 2020
- UX Careers Panel, UTS Advanced IXD course, October 2018
- Careers in UX Panel, UTS IXD course, May 2017
- Prototyping and evaluating UX as part of the design process, UTS IXD course, May 2017
- Making design work in a traditional business, Customer Experience Company, March 2017
- Service Designing a transformation, ABC, December 2016 and CBA October 2016
- Innovating with a Customer-Centric Focus panelist, AFR Boss MBA Emerging Leaders, 31 August 2016
- Design Thinking elective guest speaker, Sydney University, May 2016
- UX, the customer journey & beyond, Aquent Put it to the Panel, May 2016
- Sydney Jobs-to-be-done meet-up, Meet-up co-organiser, 2015
What I’m …
Podcasts! In constant rotation is Freakonomics, Planet Money, Masters of Scale, 7am, Smartless, and All Songs Considered.
I’m also just about to finish Flipping the Bird – Elon vs Twitter. Nothing new if you’ve been following closely but riveting to hear from team members directly and to think whether a product centred on one premium user can be successful over time for a complex social network.
The Innovator’s Dilemma by Clayton M. Christensen – helping to better understand the thinking behind ‘customers don’t know what they want’.
Notion – although I might be getting carried away with creating databases for all the things.