UX Studies: Interview Series Introduction
The aim of the interview series UX Studies, is to look at and discuss the education paths people have taken to skill up for their career in the user experience field.
The idea for the series came about after friends, looking to change career focus, asked me about what they should study. Unfortunately for them, I am not the best person to ask, because, like some in the industry, I have no directly related formal qualifications.
I think it’s important that the disciplines, skills and theory behind user experience be clearly articulated for those looking to enter the field and for those, like me, already in the field looking to expand their knowledge base.
I hope too, that the professionals that cross paths with UX practioners such as developers and business analysts come across this series and find it of some use.
Interviews will be based on the following questions:
- Tell me about your current role and your areas of expertise?
- What course/s have you studied? What are your qualifications?
- What were your favourite subjects in the course?
- How much hands on experience did you get with research?
- What subjects or skills do you think are most relevant to a user experience role and why?
- What do you wish you had been taught?
- What UX skills cannot be taught?
- and there will be a bonus question tailored to each willing participant.